Old July 7th 11, 03:14 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
mpc755

Default Aether

On Jul 7, 9:32*am, Byron Forbes wrote:
In article 602c355c-e9af-45ac-ae50-0bfaa8ba4533
@j31g2000yqe.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jun 5, 4:00*pm, Benj wrote:
On Jun 4, 9:27*am, mpc755 wrote:

Aether exists where matter does not. Aether exists where particles of
matter do not. As far as we know, there is no space, nor any part of
three dimensional space, devoid of aether and matter. As far as we
know, there is no space, nor any part of three dimensional space,
devoid of mass.

Thus, were it possible somehow to pump all aether from space, THAT
would represent a "true" vacuum. If we think about this a bit, we can
understand that IF we created a true vacuum, it would have several
properties. One such would be that waves of any kind could not be
transmitted through this vacuum. Unlike the logical failure of modern
physics which asserts nonsense like waves traveling without any medium
or "characteristics" (fields) existing without anything which
possesses the characteristics, a true vacuum would not transmit waves
nor have any properties like normal space. This is why Einstein noted
that empty space is "aether" precisely because it DOES have
properties. *However, we can also note that particles can indeed
travel through a true vacuum with no logical contradictions.

So the only question that remains for the "ultimate" experiment needed
to demonstrate Aether would be the creation of such a "true vacuum".
How to do this is not presently known in the unclassified world, but I
suggest that it probably would take some kind of electromagnetic
pumping system. Probably not so simple as "nature abhors a 'true'
vacuum".

There is already an overabundance of evidence of the aether.

* * * * The most overwhelming kindergarten level evidence of aether is as
follows -

* * * * Phonons (matter and sound waves) and photons both have wave nature.
The likelihood that they are entirely different i.e. one is energy
traveling thru a medium and the other is something particulate (photon)
traveling thru nothing (vacuum), is absurd!

* * * * This is why this "aether" argument has raged on for centuries and
will continue to do so until it is found. Dark matter/energy is the
same thing.

* * * * It is typical of humans to deny the existence of that they have no
awareness of - like atheists and the gods. If they could get the
kindergarten logic above thru their heads then we may have more
"scientists" looking in the right directions!

What waves in a double slit experiment is the ether of relativity.