Old July 16th 03, 03:51 PM
Alan W. Craft

Default Prism Diagonal Anti Chromatic Aberration Effect?

On 16 Jul 2003 10:54:01 GMT, (Jon Isaacs) ...reflected:

Razor-sharpness and contrast second to none?

...precisely.

Alan

Actually a newtonian normally does provide both "razor sharpness" and contrast.

I certainly hope so, as I'm planning on buying one.

I'm tempted to try the 10" Parks 'Nitelight' on a Vixen GP-DX mount,
though that might be pushing the mount just a tad.

What is missing most often with a refractor is aperture. Aperture provides
detail. It also provides contrast, though the brightness may mask brightness.

jon

Alan