Old July 16th 03, 05:46 AM
bwhiting

Default Prism Diagonal Anti Chromatic Aberration Effect?

That's true, Alan, from what I've seen in other's refractors....
somehow the refractor does seem to benefit from a slightly sharper
(and perhaps a tad more contrast) pin-points than our
'mack truck' reflectors of much larger size....but I wonder
if a larger refractor...say a 20 or 30 inch glass, would
still hold those sharp pin-points for stars?
I really don't know, never having had the priviledge of looking
thru one.
But have to admit, you are correct. (But I could have never afforded
a 30 inch portable refractor.....even if they made them!)
Clear Skies,
Tom W.

Alan W. Craft wrote:
On 15 Jul 2003 12:57:26 GMT, (Jon Isaacs) ...reflected:

Just wondering if we, who use Newtonian reflector telescopes, are
somehow missing something.
Clear Skies,
Tom W

False color???

Razor-sharpness and contrast second to none?

...precisely.

Alan