Old April 8th 04, 12:24 AM
mvillanu

Default Robot Races

Abrigon Gusiq wrote in message ...
Hum, what about using touch plates?
Or making the robot large and heavy, so that it can crush most things
(sadly even the tortesies)..

Or, how about combining a UAV with a UGV (Unmanned Ground Vehicles), the
UAV maps out the route, using its radar and like, and the UGV follows
the course laid out by the UAV?
Yes, how to handle that darn bush? Touch plates or ...

Mike

I thought about the UAV also. But then it must be able to fly out to
a large enough radius in order plot a long enough route for the
vehicle. I don't think vehicle can cover the course in time. The UAV
can probably solve the wide/deep ditch problem, but there's that
barbwired fence and bushes to deal with.

Touch plates are a good idea for the bush, but from personal
experience, the speed at which the vehicle must move in order to
finish quickly winds up upsetting the bush.