Old May 30th 20, 02:35 AM posted to sci.space.policy
snidely

Default Starship SN4 undergoes RUD Event

Snidely formulated the question :
Snidely blurted out:
Lo, on the 5/29/2020, JF Mezei did proclaim ...
Of note: had this massive venting from bottom happened from the tanks,
wouldn't SN4 have collapsed onto itself, expecially sicne it now has
weight on top ?

just wondering if there are good odds the leaking we see had to come
from ground equipment instead of tanks.

I think that I saw some vent activity (including from the official vent at
the top, and something 1/3 to 1/2 up from the bottom, and then the big
cloud underneath.

Make that 1/3 down.

In the video of the previous (4th) static firing, the wind was blowing
the other way (towards Starhopper, more or less) and away from the
flame.

Also, those vents were active several times after shutdown in that
firing, so that part of the 5th firing may still have been normal.

One or more the chat posters (at the Lab Padre channel) suggested that the
big cloud was ignited by the flare, once enough fuel had boiled to reach
the flare pipe. The big cloud appeared to be behind the pipe (from camera
perspective) for quite a while (seconds!).

Teslerati has now caught up, and includes a link to BolsaChicaGal's clip,
which I am now going to watch.

The flames after the bang were mostly to camera left of the stand, perhaps
because the fuel blew out in that direction.

/dps

--
Rule #0: Don't be on fire.
In case of fire, exit the building before tweeting about it.