Old June 14th 15, 02:01 PM posted to sci.space.science
Alain Fournier[_3_]

Default Tchouri - Philae

On 6/1/15 6:36 AM, Greg (Strider) Moore wrote :
"David Spain" wrote in message ...

On 5/31/2015 9:06 AM, Alain Fournier wrote:

When contact was lost with the Philae lander in November some were
hoping that contact a new contact could be made when it would get closer
to the Sun. That doesn't seem to have happened. Does anyone know if all
hope is lost or what? When can we definitely write off Philae?

Alain Fournier

I'm not a betting man, but I'd say the odds are in favor of a
write-off at this point.

Dave

Unfortunately, I have to agree. It was a great attempt that got hit by
a really random bit of bad luck.

Good news this morning. I agreed with you both but was still hoping.

Alain Fournier