Old January 18th 17, 05:49 AM posted to sci.astro.research

Default What is this galaxy?

On Thursday, January 5, 2017 at 8:06:03 PM UTC-8, Martin Brown wrote:
On 01/01/2017 03:47, wrote:

Martin said:
Having been and had a look at it on CDS Strasbourg I am actually more
interested in the bright linear source with no obvious optical
counterpart that appears on XMM-Newton EPIC at about 10 O'clock from the
emissions of NGC 4438 (or is it an aeretfact)?.

http://cdsportal.u-strasbg.fr/?target=NGC%20%204435

I clicked on above link but didn't see the feature you mentioned.
I did see a faint straight line, (asteroid streak?) at maybe 1
oclock and 3 galactic radii away.

Curious about how to see the other image you mentioned, as much to
learn about how to use another viewer as anything.

I'll be careful regarding twisted trees. ;-)

rt