Old January 1st 17, 04:47 AM posted to sci.astro.research

Default What is this galaxy?

There are also 12 notes, one of
which says, in part "Because of the dust, it is also impossible to
assess the presence of a nucleus".

Doesn't look like dust is blocking view to center, if it is, the
dust is extraordinarily smooth.

It looks like it ran right through the center of the adjacent galaxy,
and lost it's black hole to the larger galaxy, with the stars
continuing on, blowing out into a spherical shell that has the
appearance of a circle.

But sorting out what is really going on would be a challenge. I'll
have to read some of those papers. But it really looks like it's
a galaxy without a central massive BH............and that's unusual
if so. Wonder if one of the papers shows spectroscopy of the central
region, I'll have to check.

Thanks for letting me know to click on the references to see papers.

rt