Old May 5th 16, 12:10 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default Climate change could cause mass exodus by mid century

On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 10:44:10 AM UTC+1, SlurpieMcDoublegulp wrote:
On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 4:42:32 AM UTC-5, SlurpieMcDoublegulp wrote:
On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 3:31:49 AM UTC-5, oriel36 wrote:
On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 9:17:44 AM UTC+1, SlurpieMcDoublegulp wrote:
Scorching temperatures brought on by climate change could leave large swaths of the Middle East and North Africa uninhabitable by the middle of this century, a new study predicts.

Chill out my boy, the big astronomical news is that midday and midsummer share a common trait when it comes to temperature fluctuations for any given location at habitable latitudes -

https://weather-and-climate.com/uplo...dom-london.png

http://prairieecosystems.pbworks.com...0variation.jpg

The temperature graphs are such a lovable means to express that our planet turns in two distinct ways to the Sun and how to fix both midday and midsummer by their common feature.

In Colorado it is illegal to drive with a giraffe in the car...in Florida it is illegal to bathe naked (in your own home)...in California it is illegal to eat a live crow......

in England its illegal to buy fish on a Sunday .. Yet it is illegal to sell fried fish on Sunday (although in some areas the law is not enforced). This means that fast food of foreign origin can be sold freely, whilst the main native fast food, fish & chips, cannot legally be sold on Sunday.

Cause and effect my dear boy, it is the staple of astronomers in assigning cause for planetary temperature fluctuations and this time the logic is exquisite.

There is no such thing as astronomical midday and meteorological midday, there is just the warming trend as a location turns to the Sun each day which extends past midday and then cools thereafter. The same with the orbital surface rotation where midsummer is not the warmest -

https://weather-and-climate.com/uplo...dom-london.png

http://prairieecosystems.pbworks.com...0variation.jpg

Howling about planetary temperatures is far removed from the wonderful temperature signatures which result from daily and orbital rotations with the latter best understood by the polar day/night cycle.

If the Earth's inclination was 0° inclination or an Equatorial climate then the temperature graph for London would show a flat line across the year, if the inclination was 90° or a polar climate then there would be huge swings across the year at the same London location.

Welcome to planetary climate, not just for our planet but for all others in the solar system.