Old February 20th 07, 01:25 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Scott Hedrick[_2_]

Default Bye-bye INF treaty?

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

Scott Hedrick wrote:
Sure I can. I'm *not* going to wait to find out. I'm going to do my best
to zap the warheads I can, and I'm going to make as many martyrs on their
end as I can. Best bet for them is to not launch any missiles my way, or
give me any other reason to open a case of whoop-ass on them.

It would be about the stupidest thing imaginable to attack the U.S. with
conventional ICBMs.
You'd do hardly any damage, and get flattened in return.

Exactly. I'm not saying I would launch *immediately*- if it's possible to
determine whether or not a launch is accidental, I'd like to give that a
try. It would take a bit of time to determine where it's going to land, and
that in part will determine whether or not it's an accident. I may not
launch at all. But I *am not* going to base my decision on what comes out of
the warhead when it lands, and I would be highly irresponsible if I did.