Old November 12th 18, 11:45 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Rocket Lab?s big ?It?s Business Time? launch targets this weekend for takeoff

In article ,
says...
The one thing I like about their rocket is that they replaced the turbopump
with a electric motor. It's probably only applicable to small engines (?),
but it is innovative. The turbopump is by far the most complicated part in
building a rocket engine, and they've bypassed the complexity by going
electric.

Agreed. Plus they drop battery packs when they're expended, which is a
version of staging. I thought that was pretty clever.

Jeff