Old April 27th 14, 02:48 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Climate change will change thing, not for the better

On Saturday, April 26, 2014 1:13:16 AM UTC-6, oriel36 wrote:
can't even manage to correlate the temperatures rising with the appearance of
the Sun and the cooling after it disappears within each 24 hours.

That's absolutely not true. We know perfectly well that the solar day is 24 hours long, and day is warm and night is cold. After all, we wear wris****ches like everyone else, go to work in the morning, and sleep at night.

The earth rotating in 23 hours, 56 minutes, and 4 seconds has nothing to do with changing the length of the solar day. The earth's rotational period is not the solar day, but instead one item that makes up the solar day, along with the earth's orbit.

John Savard