Old July 10th 08, 09:27 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.astrophysique,sci.astro
PD

Default EXPERIMENTAL ARGUMENTS AGAINST SPECIAL RELATIVITY?

On Jul 10, 10:51*am, Pentcho Valev wrote:
On Jul 10, 3:40*pm, PD wrote:

We've talked about this. The bug is definitely squashed. Your short-
term memory seems to be loose somewhere.

Zombie know: no bug no problem. Zombie clever very clever.

I realize that the moment you get confused, you think that a magician
has just pulled a trick to confuse you. But there isn't really any
trick, and here the magician is showing you exactly how the trick is
done, and you STILL think it's magic.

or the 80m-long-pole-trapped-inside-40m-long-barn
paradox?

We've talked about this, too. It's a 36m-long-pole-inside-a-40m-long-
barn and that doesn't sound so paradoxical.

Zombie know: 80m in 40m difficult. Master say possible but zombie know
difficult. Zombie clever very clever. Zobbie know: 36m in 40m
possible. Easy. Good. Zombie clever very clever.

I think only Einsteiniana can produce such wisdom:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu.../bugrivet.html

http://www.math.ucr.edu/home/baez/ph...barn_pole.html
"These are the props. You own a barn, 40m long, with automatic doors
at either end, that can be opened and closed simultaneously by a
switch. You also have a pole, 80m long, which of course won't fit in
the barn....So, as the pole passes through the barn, there is an
instant when it is completely within the barn. At that instant, you
close both doors simultaneously, with your switch. Of course, you open
them again pretty quickly, but at least momentarily you had the
contracted pole shut up in your barn."

Pentcho Valev