Old July 14th 04, 03:18 PM
Clif

Default testing SCT mirrors OUTSIDE of scope, is it possible and what ins. would I need?

"Ian Peterson" wrote in message news:
I can't realistically expect to do a good star
test due to poor seeing in my area, and I lack the necessary distance to
place an artificial source.

You might be surprised to find that a neighbor would cooperate with you
on setting up an artificial source for testing. All you need is a place to
hang a shiny Xmas tree ornament where it is in the bright sun and you
can see it from your yard. My neighbor was very cooperative and let me
hang a Xmas ball on a shed in her back yard about 500 ft away. Worked
fine for me.
Clif