Old September 27th 03, 03:33 PM
Craig Fink

Default Barbara Morgan in 2004!!!! ( MSNBC (JimO) Scoops more Inside-NASA Shuttle Documents)

Hallerb wrote:

Dear Haller,

You were recently seen feeding a troll on this thread. If you continue to
do so, it will pollute this thread and it will quickly degrade to nothing

I stand by my statement. At this point shuttle is a research vehicle! A
very risky one at that. Barb, and I have met her should fly. But not at
this time.

Its not about her. Its about nasa going back to PR flights. Barb is one of
those.

I dont want to see another teacher in space die. Thats what she really is.
Teacher in space, with a astronaut job in case she dies. Before Columbia
many felt flying was safe. I think we all got a wake up call that its very
risky.

I will reduce my posting oin this. Although people call me a troll for my
safety concerns BEFORE cloumbia.

BTW I support fully Barb getting a seat on the soyuz. since it appears
somewhat safer and yhas launch boost escape.

But it is about her. She has made a choice and wishes to fly and teach in
space. It's a mutual arrangement with NASA where both parties should
receive something from the deal. NASA has already received much of their
end of the bargain, while she has not. They have already had 18+ years of
PR without paying for it. I can't see NASA receiving any PR by buying her a
ticket on a Soyuz, it's not going to happen.

Personally, I'd like to see the US return to Capitalism wrt to space, then
NASA could purchase her a ticket to the Space Station on a US built
commercial vehicle. That's not likely to happen either. NASA is a
government monopoly on human space travel in this country, and that is how
they like it. Funding depends on the "Disney World" (visitor's center)
generated "Buck Rogers" glorification of the astronaut corps. No Buck
Rogers, no Bucks. Allowing private enterprise and commercial space travel
endangers this gravy train.

But as far as Barbara Morgan is concerned, the choice to fly is hers and
hers alone, and I support her choice and her acceptance of the risk
involved, whatever it is, no matter how bad NASA management might have been
or continues to be. Or, no matter how bad or unsafe the Shuttle might be,
it's her choice to accept the risk if she wants to.

Barbara Morgan in 2004!!!!

http://www.spaceandtech.com/digest/f...2002-036.shtml

Barbara Morgan in 2004!!!!

Craig Fink