Old September 27th 03, 03:33 PM
Craig Fink

Default Barbara Morgan in 2004!!!! ( MSNBC (JimO) Scoops more Inside-NASA Shuttle Documents)

Stuf4 wrote:

From Hallerb:
I shudder at the effect of another generation watching more deaths of
teachers in space.

Crew should be test pilots ONLY!

Strange to think of all of Christa's and Barbara's old students who
now have kids of their own. I wonder if these parents will have them
watch live TV to see the latest teacher-in-space blast off.

Hi CT,

We are all born into the world inocent and ignorant. Nothing is certain in
life execpt one thing. If we live long enough each and every one of us must
confront our own physical mortality. Usually, during the ages that a child
is in grades K-12. To each of us this reality come in a different form,
whether it is a relative or hero, every parent and every child must work
through this one certainty in life. It is how we work through these tragic
event that effects how the child will handle this event in the future, as
it will occur over and over again if the child has a long life.

To me, it seems that NASA has done exactly the wrong thing after the
Challenger Accident. Instead of explaining risks and rewards, and an
individual's right to accept these risk in life to do the things that they
believe are important, they pulled back from the frontier.

Barbara Morgan believe that what she is doing is important and is willing
to take the risk.

Barbara Morgan in 2004!!!!

http://www.spacekids.com/astronauts/morgan_000714.html

Barbara Morgan in 2004!!!!