Old September 26th 03, 02:27 PM
Stuf4

Default MSNBC (JimO) Scoops more Inside-NASA Shuttle Documents

From Alan Erskine:
"Dave Fowler" wrote in message
(Stuf4)

~ ~ ~ Rub text with lemon juice to reveal the non-PC caption ~ ...

"But the three other slots have been kept empty to minimize the number
of funerals in case NASA overlooked something else."

My non-PC response: You're the biggest asshole I've come across on usenet,

bar
none.

DF

Then don't respond to him!

I understand that this is a sensitive topic. I understand that many
people won't want to discuss it.

But please understand the *importance* of discussing it. Euphemisms
carry a danger of leading us to forget the actual reasons we are doing
what we are doing. And once we forget, the stage for repeating
history has then been set.

In that children's story about the Emperor who had no clothes, we can
imagine all the colorful profanities that the townfolk shouted at the
little boy. We can also imagine his response coming straight from
that famous Jack Nicholson line:

"You don't want the truth. You can't handle the truth."

It's too painful to discuss for some, so we get captions that read:

"But the three other slots have been emptied to to make room for those
with specialized skills needed for the flight's new responsibilities."

~ CT