Old October 8th 06, 04:12 PM posted to sci.space.history
Neil Gerace

Default nuclear space engine - would it work ??

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

We keep trying to make robots that walk around on legs like people, even
though we don't use mechanical legs on our vehicles, but rather rely on
wheels or treads. A legged planetary exploration robot may look neat, but
I doubt it's going to be able to go cross-country at 30 mph like a M1 tank
can. :-)

I doubt that a robot can solve differential equations in three dimensions
fast enough to catch a ball let alone drive a tank