Old March 14th 13, 08:00 AM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Default Curiosity and other rovers issues with flash memory

Considering that flash memory is not knew, and is I understand used
extensively in the new capsule for humans and probably on the iss but I
don't know that for sure, they do seem to be having a lot of issues with it
corrupting. One assumes this is due to radiation, but it could also be due
to some inherent instability caused by read/writes or temperatures
experienced. Its interesting to see it happening already to the latest
rover while its only just started to happen ont the older rover.
I do hope someone is looking into this problem as its not a problem you
really want if your crew is many days or months away from earth in some
critical system.
Brian

Email: