Old August 6th 03, 05:50 AM
Joseph Devaney

Default blackholes existing within close proximity?

from the little research that I have done and looked over about
blackholes, I is to my understand that the bigger the body, the larger
the graviational pull would be to pull in other objects.

my question stems to this. is it possible for 2 (or more) blackholes to
exist withn a close proximity. the gravitational collapse of a star or
even greater, a galaxy does cause a blackhole, unless I am mistaken...
but, say it were to happen in close proximity of another star? say 2
stars begin a gravitational collapse at the same time?

will one star more rapidly collapase, thus "sucking" the other star into
its force? or do they for lack of a better term, happily co-exist?

can someone explain to me in the most detail possible how they can or
cannot exist in the same proximity?

thank you in advance.

Joseph.