Old December 9th 19, 09:21 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel60

Default Flying Cars, Flying Buses, Shuttle Ships to and from AlphaCentauri

wrote on 7/07/2019 10:03 AM

Getting back to travel among stars. Intelligent space faring
species likely abound throughout the universe, yet we are never
visited by any. Why ? Because most assuredly it is impossible.

How stupid. I can not converse with a mind that cannot function on
any level.

How about some rational statements to support your possition.

Are you saying that travel among stars is possible or has already
occured ?

If so, please explain.

Our fastest spacecraft to date would take about 120 millennia to
reach the very nearest star.

".... to date ...."! Way back when, we could only walk/run! Then *we*
developed machines which allowed us to go faster .... and faster ... and
faster!

Sure, current technology space ships might take 120 millennia to get to
the nearest star, but who knows what *we* (or our descendants) be
capable of??

Come back in a century or two!!

--
Daniel