Old December 9th 18, 08:15 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

Default 46P, can't see

On Sunday, December 9, 2018 at 9:00:47 AM UTC-8, Mike Collins wrote:

I live in the city, major light pollution, could not see 46P with my 80mm
APO, mounted on NexStar GT goto.
I know my GOTO points to the right location. I slew the scope in auto
between Aldebaran and other 2 stars, like Mira back and forth, all came
in to the center of my eyepiece.
Alt/Az kind of suck, coordinates all ways changing.
Day before tried it with my 50 mm bino, no luck to see it either.
Is it still hard to see this comet?

I managed to see it on the 7th. The only clear night in a week. I couldn’t
use my 200mm Newtonian because it was too windy. I couldn’t see it from my
front garden with the naked eye or binoculars thanks to neighbours’
Christmas lights. I moved a kilometre down the road to a dark area and
still couldn’t see it. Eventually It became visible. It’s very large and
low brightness with a slightly lighter spot, presumably the nucleus. I gave
up trying to see it naked eye because, although the temperature was 5.5C,
the wind chill was bad.

Yest, it's hazy here too, maybe Mag 3 sky?