Old June 16th 04, 06:06 AM
OM

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:31:17 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:

You know, I've never been in the military, but I salute the flag when I hang
it outside my house.

People outside the military DO tend to give the flag respect you know.

I imagine they could have put their hands over their Hasselblads and
recited the Pledge Of Allegiance, but I doubt that would have made much
of a historic photo.

....Me, I salute even thought I no longer wear the uniform. To be
totally honest, I've always felt that the hand-over-heart was sort
of...well, a bit fey.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr