Old January 18th 19, 04:00 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

Default CERN plans to build what the U.S. should have 23 years ago

Chris L Peterson wrote in
:

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 08:42:10 -0800 (PST), RichA
wrote:

On Friday, 18 January 2019 10:15:29 UTC-5, Chris L Peterson
wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 08:12:54 -0800 (PST), RichA
wrote:

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-46862486

Now I'm glad we didn't. With the U.S. sliding into developing
world territory, becoming a has-been country, much of our
scientific infrastructure will be wasted. Better to see large
projects like this located in countries that have a future.

The greenloons have already begun crying about it in Europe,
that the money could be spent instead on plants to such C02 out
of the air, that kind of thing. Speaking of sliding toward
being part of the "Third World."

We don't need to sacrifice investment in scientific
infrastructure to build carbon sequestration systems and other
systems to minimize the impact of global warming.

Only if there's enough money to do both. People smarter than you (and
who isn't, you being a Chris and all) are skeptical that's the case.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

-- David Bilek