Old January 18th 19, 04:46 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default CERN plans to build what the U.S. should have 23 years ago

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 08:42:10 -0800 (PST), RichA
wrote:

On Friday, 18 January 2019 10:15:29 UTC-5, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 08:12:54 -0800 (PST), RichA
wrote:

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-46862486

Now I'm glad we didn't. With the U.S. sliding into developing world
territory, becoming a has-been country, much of our scientific
infrastructure will be wasted. Better to see large projects like this
located in countries that have a future.

The greenloons have already begun crying about it in Europe, that the money could be spent instead on plants to such C02 out of the air, that kind of thing. Speaking of sliding toward being part of the "Third World."

We don't need to sacrifice investment in scientific infrastructure to
build carbon sequestration systems and other systems to minimize the
impact of global warming.