Old June 11th 18, 10:26 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Saturn seasons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_S...-tilt-23.4.gif

https://vimeo.com/172453097

The Polar points exist on the circle of illumination on the Equinoxes and midway to the circle of illumination on the Solstices.The surface rotation parallel to the orbital plane alters the daily arcs so even though the following graphic falsely attributes the direction from 'orbital' North-West to South-East in direction for the September Solstice, it is a small error due to unfamiliarity with the principles involved (even if I would notice) -

http://afewbitsmore.com/img/2015_ecliptic.png

The broken line through the center of the Earth is important for referencing the constant relationship of the North and South poles as they turn ,along with the entire surface of the Earth, parallel to that line as a function of the Earth's orbital motion.

It should have dedicated graphics of course but it is always on offer for those who can work with the principles behind the seasons for our home planet and all other planets.