Old November 24th 16, 06:12 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Non Newtonian Propulsion

Default Emdrive might change the law of inertia (for the Earth too!)

Il giorno giovedì 24 novembre 2016 13:41:29 UTC+1, Jeff Findley ha scritto:
In article ,
says...

Il giorno sabato 19 novembre 2016 23:52:25 UTC+1, ha scritto:
NASA's Physics-Defying EM Drive Passes Peer Review:

"The reactionless thruster known as the EM Drive has stirred heated debate over
the past few years. If successful it could provide a new and powerful method to
take our spacecraft to the stars, but it has faced harsh criticism because the
drive seems to violate the most fundamental laws of physics. One of the biggest
criticisms has been that the work wasn?t submitted for peer review, and until
that happens it shouldn?t be taken seriously. Well, this week that milestone was
reached with a peer-reviewed paper. The EM Drive has officially passed peer
review."

See:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/briankob.../#191c156f76e2

if the III Newton jumps or better circumvent

http://arc.aiaa.org/doi/pdf/10.2514/1.B36120

It is necessary also rewrite the I and II principle of Newtonian dynamics ... otherwise you end up with two problems of which I do not know what is the most :

1) violation of the conservation of momentum

2) violation of energy conservation

E.Laureti

I'm still betting this thing is just a lame excuse for a photon emitter.
All those microwaves bouncing around in that metal chamber has to
produce heat that goes somewhere. If the heat is radiated away in a
non-uniform way, it would produce a very small net thrust due to the
emission of photons in the infrared range (and possibly other ranges).

good idea!

I'd like to see them take the same amount of energy put into this thing
and instead stick it into the most efficient light emitters we've got
and focus all the light in one direction. Then compare the results.

Do you know if it exist the project to test emdrive in freespace near the earth?

Jeff