Old January 22nd 09, 01:04 AM posted to sci.military.naval,sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

Default JFK's greatest achievements/Apollo (Was: Deep Apologies to everyone....)

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:52:26 -0800 (PST), in a place far, far away,
" made the phosphor on my

On Jan 21, 3:52 pm, (Derek Lyons) wrote:

It was never intended to be anything but a flash in the pan - the
program lived up to Kennedy's promise. That it failed to live up to
the utterly unfounded and irrational goals attached to it ex post
facto by others is not Kennedy's fault.

This reminds me that I have heard that JFK once said privately that he
really didn't care what happened to the program as long as he got re-
elected. Does anyone have a citation for that?

That's not what he said. But he did say that he didn't give a damn
about space, per se.