Old April 29th 04, 08:58 AM
Andrew Cockburn

Well, I'll see how it goes with the car starter for a while, but I
suspect I'll give in and start on the rest anywy, just because it will
be fun to put it all together !.

Thanks for the tips on etching - think I'll give the laser printer
method a go.

Regards,

Andrew

Colin Dawson wrote:

Hi all

I haven't done any electronics since I were a lad (this is a great
reason to get back intot it!) - In those days I made PCBs using
transfers and etch resist pens. Is the photo-etching expensive to get
setup ? I bet the results are a lot better .. I'll do a little surfing
and see I think.

If you've got access to a lazer printer, there's a much cheaper solution
than photo etching.
If you take a look on the maplin website, take a look at the Press'N'Peel
transfer system.
You should get really good results from it. I used the photo-etching
method, because I like to do things that hardway.
also I only have an InkJet Printer.

At the very least it removes the urgency and lets me think about it in
more detail.
In all my vast experience of using the scope (1 night !) I haven't dewed
up yet, but
as soon as I do I know I'll wish I had the dew-heater handy so I'll
probably plug on
and get it going anyway. which means I also need to do the power thingy.

I've not really used the heater all that often, but it's been a godsend when
it's been needed.
The power thingy, isn't needed straight away either. You'll be able to tell
when the battery is wearing out
as the scope will start slow down and start to sound laboured long before
the battery gives out.

Good luck with that ! If I can't find the right kind of toolbox I may be
forced to do the same. I've got a mate who could help though, so maybe
for the price of a few beers I can get one together.

lol, sounds like my approach. I've got a mate who does alot of DIY, I'm
beggining to get a rought idea
of how the box will fit together, it's turning out to be a little more
complex, than I thought, but it should be
worth it in the end.

Regards

Colin Dawson
www.cjdawson.com