Old June 19th 04, 04:00 PM
Jo Schaper

Default Earth Has 'Blueberries' Like Mars (Forwarded)

jonathan wrote:

What boggles me is the preference of geology for an explanation
over life. The idea that life is something completely separate from
geology seems carved in stone.

This is not true. Some people have stones in their kidneys and rocks in
their heads.

As if something magical has to
happen to make the transition. That is just not the case, evolution
is a seamless process from geology to life.

Of course it is magical. Quoth Arthur C. Clarke: Any sufficiently
advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic to persons not
versed in the technology. Or something like that.

I'm just not sure that life is the higher form of existence here...

Jo