Old March 5th 17, 07:46 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Steve Willner

Default Single vs Double hot spots for BH Jets? (e.g. Pictor A)

In article ,
writes:
Is it the general expectation that all elliptical galaxies will
evolve to barred spirals eventually?

No. Most, maybe all, galaxies evolve to ellipticals. There is great
debate about the mechanism and the timing of this evolution, but
observations show greater fractions of ellipticals at later cosmic
times. One paper I happen to be familiar with is at
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2015ApJ...803...26P

I especially like Figs 12 and 13 (and had nothing at all to do with
making them other than helping provide some of the data).

Steve Willner Phone 617-495-7123
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA