Old February 6th 10, 01:44 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,alt.politics,sci.space.shuttle
jonathan

Default NASA's long-running 'Cover Story' Comes to an End!

"Ramon F Herrera" wrote in message

The question is not whether we explore or not - we always will.

The question is when.

When we get far lower cost to orbit I would think.
But just that as a goal won't cut it, since the
benefits are indirect, it's a much harder sell.
Lower cost to orbit needs to be within a larger
goal, one where the benefits are direct and easy
to see. Which is another reason why I go on and on
about Space Solar Power.

What's the rush? After all, it is not like the moon and Mars are going
anywhere. Last time I checked, they have no plans to relocate or
disappear.

-Ramon