Old April 5th 18, 11:30 AM posted to sci.space.station
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Space calendar etc

In article ,
says...

Its corporate amnesia. As soon as the previous person goes, moves, dies or
whatever, no record has been made of what they did, so any new person has no
idea what went on.

This isn't a corporate job. It's a volunteer job. The fact is that
Usenet News is just a tiny fraction of what it was in the 1980s, due to
web pages replacing it. It took 30 years for this to happen, so I think
it's been a pretty good ride.

Jeff