Old January 23rd 04, 08:14 PM
Eric Chomko

Default The Wrong Kind Of Partisan

Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: This week's Fox News column, which has a link to last week's as well.

I'm glad you acknowledged that W mentioned nothing about space in his SOU
address.

The thing you did not mention is that given this partisan divide, what
exactly has W done to try and merge it? I would agree that a non-partisan
space plan is best for all. JFK was able to sell that by inspiring the
liberals with dreams and quelling the conservatives with cold war
rhetoric. W doesn't appeal to the left. It's simple. Even his going back
to the moon doesn't inspire dreams of human expansion. It is more at what
can I do to assist my business cronies while I'm still here as president.

Eric

: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,109127,00.html