Old January 16th 04, 02:59 PM
Jim Gergen

Default Selected Restricted NASA Videotapes

----------
In article , "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Forgive me for being thick here, but what is the issue here?

I can understand that you might want to test the law against the advice of
those who placed restrictions on the tapes, but there is also an issue of
privacy. Does the Freedom of info act mean that nobody who is working for
Government has any privacy at all if on duty, as it were... Potentially, you
could video people going to the toilet or naked etc, and they could not say,
ahem, I'd rather only staff saw this footage.

Mr. Ravnitzky, who posted the list, is a self-described anti-secrecy
activist. He is not really concerned with the content of information that
the government refuses to release, only the fact that the government refuses
to release it. He starts from the assumption that government should not
keep any secrets. He has no particular interest in NASA over any other
government agency.

He hopes that by posting this list, many people will file FOIA requests for
the information.

Much of what is on this list pertains to crew medical information and is not
releasable.

Jim Gergen