Old October 27th 03, 09:36 AM
Mike Simmons

Default SMALL SCOPE + NICE BACKYARD = ENJOYABLE NIGHT!

Thanks for sharing with that delightful report, David. Being stuck
working at the computer late tonight -- and with hazy skies due to smoke
from wildfires anyway -- I enjoyed your backyard night with old friends
vicariously. "Casual" observing with small apertures and wide fields
always makes me feel a bit more in touch with the sky than big scopes
do. And there's a nice bit of nostalgia as well, as with your own
recollection of long-ago nights from the same location under the same
sky.

Mike Simmons