Old April 8th 09, 01:44 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Brian Gaff

Default vehicles

There still seems something wrong in my view to returning to the capsule
way of getting back to earth. Its undignified, inconvenient and I'd have
though rather unnecessary with what has been learned on the Shuttle. I've
seen cost reasons, well maybe, and all sorts of other ideas for why Orion is
a capsule, but I fear that the public, who have been used to seeing a
landing on wheels will equate the new vehicle with the Apollo and Soyuz eras
and think, hey, are we going backwards?

I also notice a split occuring between the public 'all American's Lunar
project propaganda and what a lot of the scientists, and other Nasa people
seem to think, that it really needs to be international. This may well be
because of the economics at the moment, but if nothing else, I feel realism
needs to reign here, and I think in the end, it will either end badly or go
international in some form.

Space law.
Who is working on this for international bases and stations? There is bound
to be a need for it eventually.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -