Old May 16th 04, 04:22 AM
Peter Stickney

Pat Flannery writes:

Peter Stickney wrote:

ITYM Llama for Peru, and Lama for Tibet, as in "The One-L Lama, he's a
Priest, the Two-L Llama, he's a Beast..."
But then again either/or both may have been on vacation/

According to a Hassidic Rabbi that I worked with, the Lama would,
indeed, be Kosher, under the proper circumstances.

If I'm reading you correctly, the Rabbi just endorsed cannibalism.

Uhm - yes, in fact. Under teh proper circumstances, of course.
(Like being trapped in a whaleboat after the Pequod gets sunk, or
flying half-way over the Andes - that sort of thing.

This sounds more Roman Catholic than Jewish.

Well, Roasting childrem was always more of a Calvinist conceit.

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster