Old May 15th 04, 04:51 PM
Andrew Gray

On 2004-05-14, Scott Hedrick wrote:

Nice fellow, Mr. Pratchett. I have several signed editions. I am as
perplexed as he is why Piers Anthony's Xanth series did so well, but
Discworld doesn't have a bigger following.

Very wide folowing in .uk; I think a popular explanation for the .us,
um, limited market penetration effects... hmm... where'd I put that
link...

"I sell some [books]. I had a sort of publisher, in the same way that
duckweed counts as a plant. I can only repeat: my last publishers were
so good they spelled my name wrong in the books, made sure they had
covers in 50 shades of mud, and kept them out of the shops."

http://www.lspace.org/books/apf/word...he-master.html

God knows about Xanth, though. There is a God, and He is malign?

--
-Andrew Gray