Old September 8th 03, 10:17 PM
Skygzer

Default Any recommendations on Telescope operating software?

I'm currently trying to dig up people's opinions on various software
packages available to control telescopes and CCD cameras. We
currently use CCDSoft but keep running into little inconvieniences and
software glitches in guide star aquisition, tracking, focusing, and a
few other issues. We'd like to find a more quantitative package (Much
like Maxim's FWHM focus readouts).

So far I've run into three packages:

CCDSoft
Prism 5
Maxim DL

My supervisor wants to see what other peoples personal experiences
with the software is. Firsthand experience, not advertising hype. So
if anybody has used these programs, or others, if you could just tell
me your likes, dislikes or such I'd greatly appreciate it (sorta like
a review).

Anyway, back to mining the internet and message boards.