Old July 24th 11, 11:54 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
Androcles[_45_]

Default Understanding Einstein's simple derivation of the Lorentz Transformation

"Marvin the Martian" wrote in message
| On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 22:50:12 +0100, Androcles wrote:
|
| "Marvin the Martian" wrote in message
| ... | Damn it!!
| |
| | Einstein did NOT derive the Lorentz transformation. |
| | Lorentz derived the Lorentz transformation. |
| ... without any time vector. Nor did he divide length by
| sqrt(1-v^2/c^2), he multiplied.
|
| Cite.

Certainly:
http://tinyurl.com/6go8no5

| But the lying ignoramus Einstein CLAIMED
|
| "The special theory of relativity has crystallised out from the
| Maxwell-Lorentz theory of electromagnetic phenomena. Thus all facts of
| experience which support the electromagnetic theory also support the
| theory of relativity."
|
| Other than the misspelling, what is not true about that statement?

****ing hell, I just told you.
Einstein divides length by sqrt(1-v^2/c^2)
Lorentz multiplies length by sqrt(1-v^2/c^2)
What are you, ****ing thick?

| http://www.bartleby.com/173/16.html
| Such a blatant lie is instantly detected by anyone capable of reading
| algebra.
|
| Not sure I know what you're on about. Not sure you know what you're on
| about.

I'm 100% certain you are ****ing stupid and don't know multiplication from
division
even when it is shoved in your face. You are not sure.