Old July 24th 11, 11:35 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
Marvin the Martian

Default Understanding Einstein's simple derivation of the LorentzTransformation

On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 22:50:12 +0100, Androcles wrote:

"Marvin the Martian" wrote in message
... | Damn it!!

| Einstein did NOT derive the Lorentz transformation. |
| Lorentz derived the Lorentz transformation. |
... without any time vector. Nor did he divide length by
sqrt(1-v^2/c^2), he multiplied.

Cite.

But the lying ignoramus Einstein CLAIMED

"The special theory of relativity has crystallised out from the
Maxwell-Lorentz theory of electromagnetic phenomena. Thus all facts of
experience which support the electromagnetic theory also support the
theory of relativity."

Other than the misspelling, what is not true about that statement?

http://www.bartleby.com/173/16.html
Such a blatant lie is instantly detected by anyone capable of reading
algebra.

Not sure I know what you're on about. Not sure you know what you're on
about.