Old May 30th 11, 11:30 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default Lunar water brings portions of Moon's origin story into question

On May 30, 5:04*am, herbert glazier wrote:
On May 29, 7:15*pm, Brad Guth wrote:

On May 29, 3:44*pm, Sam Wormley wrote:

On 5/29/11 5:39 PM, Brad Guth wrote:

On May 29, 3:12 pm, Sam *wrote:
On 5/29/11 4:44 PM, Brad Guth wrote:

On May 29, 10:45 am, Sam * *wrote:
On 5/29/11 11:23 AM, Brad Guth wrote:

The extremely nearby and massive asteroid Cruithne is supposedly only
worth 2 g/cm3, and the surface of our physically dark and paramagnetic
moon has basalt worth 4.5 g/cm3, and otherwise Venus has considerably
more surface thorium than Earth. *How does either of those add up to
being similar to Earth?

* * *Helium is removed at an average rate of 10^6 atoms per square
* * *centimeter per second from Venus's atmosphere by the solar wind
* * *following ionization above the plasmapause. The surface source
* * *of helium-4 on Venus is *similar* to that on Earth, suggesting
* * **comparable abundances* of crustal uranium and thorium.

Thanks for the usual mainstream parrot-speak.

* * This is the data that we have, Brad, not what you might wish it to
* * be. Furthermore, I have steered you to credible information over the
* * years, and I suspect you might actually rely on me for some of your
* * information.

First off, Earth has been losing a hell of a lot more helium than a kg/
sec, not that you'd have any objective way of proving otherwise
(especially since your Big Energy buddies terminated our spendy OCO
mission), and Venus is probably losing at the very least 10 kg/sec
without us humans hydrocarbon farming and extracting it to death.

* * Measurements show the surface source of helium-4 on Venus is
* * *similar* to that on Earth.

They and you have no idea or honest deductive interpretation as to how
much helium Earth has been losing, much less from Venus.
*http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/Venus_Ex...R973R8F_1.html

* You seem to only know whatever they tell you to know, and you
obviously believe each and every word published by our government
agencies and their contractors, as though it were the whole truth and
nothing but the truth, whereas nothing could possibly be in error or
much less intentionally skewed to suit another agenda. *Good for you,
because GW Bush and Hitler each needed mindless people and parrots
exactly like yourself.

*http://www.wanttoknow.info/
*http://translate.google.com/#
* Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth,BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”

* *Please cite the correct scientific publications for us, Brad.

Since there's nothing all that believable from our guys (other than
their usual subjective swags and theories that are designed to protect
special interest groups), it'll have to come from ESA or even from
those extremely old Russian missions that didn't plan on a calibrated
Helium loss determination.

As far as terrestrial loss of helium, just taking the natural gas
volumes alone is going to exceed a loss of any couple kg/sec. *I
recall working that out, so I'll have to kinda revisit that data and
cites that I'd used. *Supposedly this planet has to maintain 3.7+e9
tonnes of helium within its atmosphere, and that alone is going to
require a lot of helium replenishment since helium doesn't bind with
anything and it's kinda lofty stuff.

*http://www.wanttoknow.info/
*http://translate.google.com/#
*Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth,BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”

Water in the universe is far from rare. The Earth proves this * TreBert

Yes in deed, and the interior of our moon as well as the planet Venus
are each reservoirs of water in addition to their own makings of
gasses like radon and helium.

http://translate.google.com/#