Old May 29th 11, 11:12 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Sam Wormley[_2_]

Default Lunar water brings portions of Moon's origin story into question

On 5/29/11 4:44 PM, Brad Guth wrote:
On May 29, 10:45 am, Sam wrote:
On 5/29/11 11:23 AM, Brad Guth wrote:

The extremely nearby and massive asteroid Cruithne is supposedly only
worth 2 g/cm3, and the surface of our physically dark and paramagnetic
moon has basalt worth 4.5 g/cm3, and otherwise Venus has considerably
more surface thorium than Earth. How does either of those add up to
being similar to Earth?

Helium is removed at an average rate of 10^6 atoms per square
centimeter per second from Venus's atmosphere by the solar wind
following ionization above the plasmapause. The surface source
of helium-4 on Venus is *similar* to that on Earth, suggesting
*comparable abundances* of crustal uranium and thorium.

Thanks for the usual mainstream parrot-speak.

This is the data that we have, Brad, not what you might wish it to
be. Furthermore, I have steered you to credible information over the
years, and I suspect you might actually rely on me for some of your
information.

First off, Earth has been losing a hell of a lot more helium than a kg/
sec, not that you'd have any objective way of proving otherwise
(especially since your Big Energy buddies terminated our spendy OCO
mission), and Venus is probably losing at the very least 10 kg/sec
without us humans hydrocarbon farming and extracting it to death.

Measurements show the surface source of helium-4 on Venus is
*similar* to that on Earth.