Old July 20th 09, 11:43 PM posted to alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.history,sci.physics,sci.econ
Steven L.[_2_]

Default Why Colonize Space?

Rod Speed wrote:
Immortalista wrote:

Today I was reading some opinions of people who believe
that there is no reason for humans to leave earth.

What they actually did was **** on the claims about colonisation of space from a great height.

Are all arguments for moving into space and onto
other bodies in space really that weak and irrelevant?

Yep.

In spades with the stupid claim that we cant survive on just one planet.

The "When Worlds Collide" scenario isn't impossible.

And given the mathematical expectation--once that scenario takes place,
Earth is gone--it would be worth hedging that bet.

--
Steven L.
Email: