Old December 26th 05, 06:15 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default Sad Christmas Story

See

Radiometric Dating and the Geological Time Scale
Circular Reasoning or Reliable Tools?

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/dating.html

and

http://www.tim-thompson.com/radiometric.html

K. Michael M.

Stephen M. Zumbo wrote:

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/

Thanks for the link. I'll take a look at more of it in future, but I looked
at their page on radiometric dating already, and I saw no answer to the
basic unproven assumption that the rate of decay has been constant or
started at a known amount and was never altered. Without knowing these
starting points or changes, dating of rocks or fossils in the rocks is
impossible. Basically, the present is NOT the key to the past. This is
also implied in the Genesis model, since God rested from and finished
creation after six days. The processes in action today are fundamentally
different.