Old May 13th 06, 02:48 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station

Default ...Lesson for Nasa! US Airmail and Aviation

"What began as a desire and need to carry mail by air
became today's global system of passenger airlines."
http://www.centennialofflight.gov/es...rmail/POL6.htm

There can be little doubt that the efforts of the US govt
to jump start commercial aviation has changed the
world substantially and for the better.

The military started off by providing the initial technology,
rikkety Jennys, and some daring pilots. But the govt provided
something else far more substantial to creating the
world-changing industry of commercial aviation.

A market! A cargo! The US Airmail.

So....what is the market/cargo for space?

For those at Nasa, I feel it's necessary to explain what a market
system does. It has mostly to do with /supply and demand./
So....what does space have in abundance that earth does not?
What do we need on earth the most which space can
provide the best?

A simple max/min problem of ....suppply and demand.
Concerning a market between .....space and earth.

Hmm, we seem to need lots of energy, clean energy, here
on earth. Space seems to have plenty of solar power.

A market make in heaven. '

Nasa's goal should be to provide a cargo and offer
lucritive contracts to put it up. Cargo like this.

Science at Nasa

Beam it Down, Scotty!

"Solar power collected in space and beamed to Earth
could be an environmentally friendly solution to our
planet's growing energy problems."
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast23mar_1.htm

Jonathan

ps; I'd normally link to the extensive Space Solar Power
home page at Nasa, with all the testimony and detailed
studies. But a few weeks after I began ranting about this
and linking to the page, it....disappeared!

They took the Space Solar Power home page down, or
moved it somewhere not easy to find. They seem rather
sensitive to this issue, just one more reason to push it.
If anyone can find it, I'd appreciate it.