Old September 15th 04, 06:35 PM
Derek Lyons

"Jeff Findley" wrote:
Elektron works better than the US O2 generator.

In the same sense that my buddies $150 beater (which blows smoke,
leaks every fluid, runs crappy only when ambient is above 70F and runs
not at all below that) works 'better' than the car which proceeded it
does currently. (Said car tossed a rod.)

You'd likely be just as dead with US regenerative life support equipment,
because none of it has been fully tested and debugged in zero gravity.

I've never claimed otherwise.

My point is, and has long been, that Russian hardware isn't the
all-singing all-dancing fully tested, fully proven, completely and
utterly dependable system(s) that it's often portrayed as being in
these groups and elsewhere. Statement like 'the Elektron is better
than the US system' and 'the Elektron has years of operation' conceal
and obscure the truth.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.