Old February 22nd 04, 03:52 PM
Szaki

Default Roman telescope

I would build a Newtonian telescope, since glass and silver for coating is
available, plenty of slaves for cheap labor, to polish it.

Only thing I would worry about, they may crucified me, to make such an evil
instrument.

JS

"Bernardz" wrote in message
I am writing a what-if history fiction and need some help.

If you were suddenly dropped in Rome say in 200 CE and you needed to
build a telescope for mass production. What sort of telescope would you
make and what would it look like?

--
How many public servants care enough about their department agenda that
they would be willing, if it received a budget cut to take a pay cut?

Observations of Bernard - No 46