Old May 13th 04, 03:07 AM
Dave Michelson

Derek Lyons wrote:

The problem is many people have inflated expectations of how far up
the chain the superiors are directly responsible.

No, the problem is that many superiors make insufficient effort to ensure that
their influence extends far enough down the chain.

If subordinates sense that their superior feels that certain things are
important, they'll usually follow through.

If subordinates are ignored or, worse, get mixed or even garbled messages,
then bad things usually happen.

If you cannot see the difference between a country that attempts to do
the right thing, and a country that does not, then your blind
anti-Americanism has affected you even worse than I thought.

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies,
I think the soul of America dies with it."

- Edward R. Murrow

--
Dave Michelson